Whether this is your first trip out of town or if you’re a seasoned regular, it’s always helpful to have an idea before hand as to what items you may want to pack.
Here are a few trips and trick you may want to stick to for smooth packing and and easy unhindered trip.
1. The golden rule while you pack for your trip
Make sure you carry half the number of clothes you were going to and double the amount of cash you were planning to carry. Apart from that there are a few other essential items you need to pack, which are listed below. Follow the do’s and don’ts.
2. Pack these bare essentials
- Lightweight clothing
- T-shirts and tank tops
- Pants and/or shorts depending on the weather
- Comfortable walking shoes if you know there’s going to be a lot of walking involved
- Rain jacket, windbreaker or umbrella, again depending on the weather
- Sunglasses and glasses case
- Dresses and/or skirts
- Swimsuit or swim trunks if its a suburban kind of place
- Cell phone and charger
- Travel apps that will help with language, directions, and money conversion
3. Make sure you travel light
Carrying bulky luggage with you is of no use because you’re the one whose going to lug it around. So before you pack anything, ask yourself twice if you absolutely need it or not.
4. Don’t be a diva
If you’re going on a road trip, like I mentioned previously, all you need to pack is you bare essentials. Don’t go on to pack your own hair dryer, bathroom slippers and other unnecessary things.
5. Carry your Kindle
If you’re a reader, buying a kindle is the biggest investment you’ll ever make. Yes, it does not give the actual essence of reading from a book, but when you’re traveling, would you rather increase the weight by carrying books along with you or juts carry a kindle?