Artificial flowers are gaining importance in Indian Weddings
Wedding decorations using flowers and especially artificial flowers is gaining weight in the country. So, for that ultimate theme based wedding, read more about all the P’S and Q’S of the trend.
With wedding bells ringing for many this Navratri season, Fart online magazine takes a wedding magazine dive into being your wedding decor guide. You may be confused with kind of flowers to use for your wedding day and we bring you to a detailed guide:
Using artificial flowers:
It is obvious that natural flowers are best choice for wedding decorations yet it is not feasible solution for all weddings. Hence, artificial flowers reduce the burden of the expenses of the fresh cut flowers. Presently, one can avail the opportunity of using silk flowers to spruce up the wedding decorations.
- Artificial flowers, especially silk ones offer versatility and flexibility. Hence, you can use it anywhere and everywhere without giving one of the guests allergy! Further, the color of the flowers can be customised with your dress!
- With affordable price tag, you surely will be saving money for that extended honeymoon. Wink!
- Silk flowers can be reused for your family events. Thus, these are one term investment in quality wedding decorations.
- The choice of artificial flowers extends to the exotic variations as well. One can choose any flower without worrying of the huge wedding bill! You can have your own version of the celebrity wedding decor at half the price!
- Another important fact is that the real flowers are heavy. So if you wish to opt for a bouquet then ensure that the addition is real foolproof. A friend of mine had to get the bridesmaids cut the long stems of the roses to prevent the heaviness. She opted for waterproof package but spilled the water in the flowers on her bridesmaid while getting steady for the pheras!
- Real flowers are difficult to work on. The harsh lights of the cameras and decor take toll on the freshness of such flowers.
- Such an amazing job in the Decor segment keeps away the bugs and the wasps. Also, one will not have to fear of the hayfever attack post wedding.
Getting the artificial flowers in shape:
Artificial flowers are best choice for wedding decorations this year but a few words of wisdom before making the giant leap of faith:
- Buying cheap silk flowers is going to cost you more than just mere decorations. These flowers lose their artificial sheen.
- Always remember to invest in good quality artificial flowers to stay close to realism. The best flower is the one that mimics the natural ones even at arms length.
- While procurement can be a tedious task, opt for the certified florists or wedding planners for best results.
- Couples opting for the winter wedding should definitely invest in the artificial flowers to spruce up the outdoor mandap.
- Logistics remain a big drawback for the natural flora yet advance planning with the artificial flowers gives excellent results.
- In order to keep the trend realistic, opt for natural looks. This makes it easy on eyes.
Using the flowers on wedding:
Above all, one must be sure on where and how to use the flowers in wedding decorations. To add a dreamy touch of romance to the wedding decor, opt for any or combination of following:
- The easiest way to get the wedding decor right is to simply add flowers into the vases. For this, seperate table can be used to jazz the appeal. Tall vases can be used to add filler to the spaces.
- A few wedding planners went creative. The flowers were added to gold painted bird cages and even packaging crates! However, one must be very cautious about trying the DIY. The plan may backfire and give you a jolt of surprise.
- Another trend straight from the Christian wedding is to erect a flower wall. This works superb for adding luxurious depth to the wall.
- Alternatively, fresh green foliage does wonders at the main entrance. This makes ecological sense as well.
- Long candelabra laden with swirls of flowers makes it joy to see. This adds clear outwardly appeal to the wedding decor.
- Floral arches are the next level of bridal expertise. Simple decorations along with a heavily decorative mandap yield awesome results.
A word of caution however, it is important to consider the services of an expert florist or wedding planners to get the right results. If you have a nice budget and are a stickler for all things natural, then opt for real flowers instead.