Wedding Trend alert 2018: Bridal wear goes chic yet traditional.
For Indians, wedding Trend and bridal wear are the pulse of the Navratri season. Once the days of Navratri ring in so do numerous wedding invitations! So for all the beautiful couples tying wedding knot this year, Fart magazine brings you the best in bridal wear and the trends to watch out for this season of love!
Couples getting married know that indian weddings are not just an exchange of holy vows but an exceedingly enthusiastic congregation of near and dear ones! Well, we bestow our lavishness on all things that matter. For a bride, it is a special day. A day of joy and acceptance or as my grandma said: A rebirth. No doubt that all the planning is centred around the cynosure of the occasion: The Wedding Dress!
Fart online magazine dive in its nose into the bridal wear trends to watch out for 2018!
Bridal wear trends 2018:
- The traditional bridal wear Colors were limited to maroon, pink, magenta, purple, orange and red. Strangely enough, the brides are opting for pastels! They go completely eccentric with their choice of light colours! The Colors ruling the season’s bridal wear include: mint green, turquoise, beige and sunset yellow!
- After opting for the best lehenga and trousseau, the wedding ceremonies today carry central theme. This theme is accentuated by complementing into the bridal wear! For instance a friend of mine has a pastel doli themed lehenga in peach !! Well art romances the wedding closely. Alternatively, brides are opting for Disney Princess dresses to fulfill their childhood dreams of marrying a (cough) prince. The theme is observed in belle themed dresses and wedding cakes!
- Kurtis have been the constant favorite of the indian girls for some time now. So designers bring a twist to the same. A special range of wedding Kurtis are being chugged out of the designer studios this season. These are versatile enough to be worn as a casual as well as well as post wedding lunches! Undoubtedly, the wedding fashion is also going sustainable. These Kurtis are traditional yet with a hint of western design. In more ways than one, you get the best of both worlds!
Taking bridal wear to new heights:
- Another option of making an impact this wedding season is to opt for metallic shaded wedding gowns! Forget the golden and bling and usher in uber stylish designer attire in all shades metallic. Striking a balance between the colour and the texture of the gown is not a cakewalk. Hence it is important to have basic idea of what suits you as a bride. If you are a demure one then please let the trend pass.
- Prince tail gowns are here in bridal fashion. Giggling brides find it interesting that these gowns sweep the staircases and create beautiful impact in wedding photography. These tail gowns help fulfill the dreams of fairytale wedding via a vis giving an impression of train akin to the western wedding gowns!
- Layered lehengas are adding style to wedding ceremonies. Using the layers, silhouettes equivalent to the queen are here. Adding layers to the traditional wedding gowns and lehengas, brides challenge the traditional regime of beauty. For those with voluptuous looks, layers conceal those problem areas easily. Be it big tummies or super thin legs.
The wedding lingerie
Even more important things to discuss are your wedding day undergarments. Similar to being looking great on the outsides is as important as looking best inside!
- Ladies on the voluptuous side should opt for something on the lines of a corset or lace underlined bra. This will help you show your curves at the right places and turn up the glamour quotient.
- To maximize the amount of fun at a beach themed wedding, designers have launched special wedding dresses that are actually shorts clubbed with wedding gown. Though beach weddings are not uncommon in India but will the bold brides of the country flaunt the trend like western divas? It is also important to mention that we love to give desi twist to all our celebrations.
- Brides with longer waistline can wear low waisted satins with plunging neckline to add a touch of sophistication.
(Check out the video for guide on selecting the best wedding lingerie)
- Dresses that are voluminous can help brides to experiment with the lingerie. From racy to regular, these give room for going through the wedding ceremony easily. However, the slim fit dresses call for smarter selection of the bridal lingerie.
Likewise, We bring you the ugliest dresses ever won by the brides: