Maternity wear: The 2018 roundup for moms-to-be!
Maternity wear is a tricky one to pick up. From the traditional loose tailored clothes to the new generation beautiful statement pieces, maternity wear has it all for new mums. Fart magazine went nosy and decided to collate all the best in maternity wear, 2018.
- Maxi-mum: The first accessory in every mom-to-be and her closet is a form fitting maxi! It’s perhaps the most intelligent investment in maternity wear. As your baby grows, this beautiful dress helps you stay sorted.
- Mommy Stretchable jeans: Mommy jeans and T-shirts make managing (to hide) the bump an easy task and give respite against the harsh indian summers The maternity jeans are super easy and comfortable to wear. Likewise leggings too mould according to the body shape and give extra comfort and edge.
- Watch Out for innerwear:Buy comfortable undies and supportive bras. This is important for your comfort and maternity needs. Best idea for maternity clothes, is to buy one size more than regular size of the regular bra to give room for development.
- Go masculine for formal events: Another hack: Use men’s blazers for the formal wear. This will help you stay comfy as well as chic. Overall this creates a bold impression in the corporate meetings.
Buying guide for maternity wear:
Keep in mind the following points while shopping for maternity wear:
- Stretchable wear: Well the first choice of maternity wear is to buy clothes that stretch. As you add up mommy fat, the stretchable fabric helps to accommodate your needs. With each trimester, the stretchable fabric helps you stay relaxed. Flex, jersey fabric remain the top choice in this case.
- Sheerness: Maternity wear should be able to cover you fully. This means while buying the next round of maternity clothes, ask the attendant for help. Hence, avoid buying something that doesn’t work for your needs. This means that ideal maternity shopping should happen offline. The more the sheer fabric stretches, the better it is.
- Ruching: Buying maternity clothes with ruching helps to cover the baby bump till last trimester. It flexes with shape of your tummy.
- Work wear: Dressing for maternity can be difficult if you are a working mum. In order to look chic and sophisticated, opt for traditional maternity wear.
Styles to catch up:
Wrap up yourself this winter in oversized sweater or mommy coats. This gives cozy comfort to you. Team this up with leggings or knee length boots. Jackets and blazers too work well for the fall and winters (if kept open on the tummy). If you have initial stages of pregnancy, wear one piece jumpsuits to gain success in summer dressing.
Snow during pregnancy can be difficult. Pregnancy makes you gain weight, feel clumsiness due to change in center of gravity. Chances of fall, sprain increases and hence only comfortable footwear should be opted for. Likewise warm maternity clothes prevent the onslaught of diseases.
In spring, sundresses, sandals and cottons should be brought to the wardrobe. However, in acute summer months, pregnancy can cause shortness of breath and dizziness. This is also accompanied by hot flashes and hormonal changes. Linens, cottons and other comfortable fabrics should be given priority.
Wear shoes that are comfortable and add support to your arch. It isn’t necessary that flip-flops are the sole choice yet the low heels or shoes can add essential elements to your maternal wear.
Mommy rompers called as mompers are short sleeve with tapered legs which are powerful maternity clothes for 2018! This can be worn to work and even evening timeout. When combined with booties, these yield a complete maternity package.
Grab a shopping bag:
Never be in a rush to go maternity clothes shopping. Wear the available options till possible. Post that, go on a systematic spree to mimic the body and baby growth. Go sustainable and buy just a few garments for each trimester. Also, once baby is there, these clothes will rarely be used by you. Therefore, invest in affordable labels or discounted designer products.
If you are a dire Fashionista, opt for designer clothes that can be used in long run.
An interesting way is to use your Stretchable dresses like LBD and pair with stretchable jeans to accentuate the effect. This is intelligence at its best. If nothing works, opt for jackets or shrugs to accentuate your style.
Surviving big fat weddings:
With weddings, its not advisable to look like a troll or waste your bucks on a new dress. Instead, opt for rental dresses. Easy and simple. Else, bring out your mom’s kanjeevaram saree and blouse, for that beautiful classy diva look.
For regular occasions, you can opt for salwar kameez as well as similar maternity clothes for added comfort. A few ladies borrow their husbands bandhgala to go with salwar and nail the perfect pre-wedding occasions.
In the end, it is all about being smart and being creative!
share your pregnancy fashion queries and suggestions in the comments section below!