Born on Christmas!
Naveen Pandita is celebrating his birthday today. This man is definitely a gift to the Indian Cinema.The Kashmiri thespian born in Jammu. The actor who started his acting journey from a theatre artist at Samahaara (a theatre group in Hyderabad) during the weekends to the entertainer at our homes with various roles of charming-chocolate hero, captivating-sly eyed villain and now as Karna’s Brother in Karn Sangini. Know this Trippy-Trip actor and what pushes him to be where he his now.
What Naveen Pandita chased?
Satisfaction is a point where we meet happiness, there are some, who tries to remain satisfied with what their circumstances provide them, but for some like Pandita, they change the circs in favour to them, this engineer who worked at Infosys wasn’t satisfied as an engineer, did he remain there thinking that was okay because he was paid well and there are some doleful cases existing at the same time- some people doesn’t even earn? No he didn’t he wasn’t satisfied, he never sat comparing himself with people around he got up and moved to what he was yearning for. Gratification doesn’t come with the money you earn, nor does it come with the air-conditioned whacking office you work at. It only comes with happiness, he became happy when he got characters to perform. Thus the electronics engineer after three years turned to be an actor. But there is nothing that Naveen Pandita hated about his engineering job rather he says, “Infosys provides you a world class exposure and training, and that was my way out from being a small townie.”
Reading this if you find this Human Cat (that’s how he defines himself) admirable and you are about to fall for him, cease! He is getting married to Shubi Choudhary, this April. “Without her me being an actor wouldn’t have been possible, she is my backbone and has been a huge support”, says the actor who has already done cameo roles in Telugu cinema and lead roles in two Telugu short-movies.
Naveen has had his share of tough times, though he did his first ad in 2014, he had a good painstaking run, later when his momentum dwindled he took three months break from his engineering job just to get maximum auditions he could. His dad, Maharaj Krishan Pandita was in full support to his decision. That run happily ended on 4 June 2016, when he signed his first soap-opera, Bade Bhaiya Ki Dulhaniya for Sony T.V. After that the journey has been always in front of our eyes, the audiences eyes!
Is Naveen Pandita now satisfied? Read what he answers to FART Magazine’s questions.
– Yes to some extent. For me cinema means SRK, not just as an actor, but as a human. I don’t know how far I would go here in Mumbai, but I would love to be a human like SRK. For people like us being an actor or pursuing passion is a huge thing, we are happy with that and I personally just want to work on my craft and get better day by day and I believe rest will follow.
– (Laughs)I love watching stuff over Netflix, Amazon and other platforms. I watch movies, talk to myself, eat a lot and workout. Last one is important as that keeps one happy and focused.
– Karma in “Jiji Maa”, a show that is still happening on Star Bharat. I never thought with this face I would ever be given a chance to play a grey shade, though I was always craving for one. My mother too said I could do great as a negative character when I shared my desire with her. Karma demanded chocolate face with negative eyes, I had those!
– Human cat means, I like people being around me but I don’t want them to bother me. I am an introvert. If you doubt acting is for extroverts, answer is a big no. This craft is for artists. Only artists survive.
– In 2020, I guarantee you I will be a better actor, and I would love to be a part of cinema in the coming days. Bollywood or Television it is one and the same thing for me.
This young actor is the latest to the list of people who’s passion turned to profession. Despite graduating as an electronics engineer from Graphic Era University Dehradun Naveen Pandita is an amazing actor. Here he proves following your passion and not letting your heart get easily satisfied with what your situation presents, can get you only to greater heights unlike the ‘Pessimist You’ imagine. You fear for moving ahead can bring you forfeiture. So this Christmas realize the ‘Optimist You’ and keep moving onward!